Saturday, November 19, 2016

Fancy Fox #3

sm

This is Sheri’s Fancy Fox quilt and the pattern is by Elizabeth Hartman.   Sheri asked for wood grain quilting which is always fun to do!  I’m pretty sure this was a kit from Fabriculous as the fabrics are exactly the same as the one that my client Heather made last year.  You can see that one here.   I love the addition of the glasses on this quilts.

sm2sm1

She used a beautiful blue cotton backing!   I used grey So Fine thread on top, a blue Bottom Line on the back, and Quilters Dream Blend batting.

sm3

You may have noticed the ice is starting to form on the lake!  It was –14’c last night and it looks like we will stay below freezing from now on.  Just a dusting of snow on the ground so I’m hoping that stays away for a few more days while the lake freezes.

sm4sm5

10 comments:

  1. This is such a fun quilt and the quilting is perfect for it! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fancy foxes! That woodgrain quilting is perfect! I'm going to try that on my next quilting project. I like it1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable ! Is that freehand quilting, or a pantograph? She chose well, and you DID well !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wood grain was perfect for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love all the little fox quilts and LOVE that woodgrain quilting!! I'll have to remember that for whenever I have a quilt that calls for that and let my longarmer know. Cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete